Thursday, June 28, 2007

progress

They put the doors on my cabinets yesterday. The shop didn't have the crown or light rail ready yesterday, so they'll make another trip out in a few days. And before I hear any lip about the hood not matching anything (cough-Michael-cough), the furniture island will be painted white to match the hood and the beadboard. In the meantime, enjoy...

Oooohhhhh...



Ahhhhhhh...



Granite closeup:



Breakfast area, beadboarded and painted:



My red dining room that took 5 coats of paint:



The built-in bench at my back door. There will be a row of 6 big hooks in the top section to hang coats and such on (I designed this myself):



Did I mention that the toilets are in? If we ever get water, they'll be usable. In the meantime, I guess we'll have to be content with the porta-johnburt in the yard...

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks so nice, but the bench is my favorite. I want one!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jbird said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH MY GOODNESS! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! The Hawaii girl wants to fly home and go to your house!!! Your cabinets... and your dining room... and, I have to agree, the bench at the back door for coats and purses, etc., is genius!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Carroll said...

Hey J - Glad you like my dining room. Shirley isn't a fan. ; )

And come see us soon! (well...not too soon...I think we're still about 3 weeks out from being finished...maybe it will be Christmas 2008.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home