Friday, June 15, 2007

painting and painting

So it's finally beginning to look like a house. They're doing it one color at a time...and we have six colors throughout the house. They started painting with Hannah's room...so she had a nice birthday surprise when she got home Wednesday:



The next color they picked up was the neutral I picked for the theater room and the guest rooms and laundry room. My reason for picking this? It'll go with pretty much anything (since I don't really have furniture or accessories for all these extra rooms!). I really like this color...it's in the historical color palette:



Camilo and Raul have been busy in my kitchen! Here's the stove wall. The middle there with no wall cabinets is where the cooktop will be. There will be a painted decorative hood over it. Then the microwave and wall oven will be in the tall cabinet, with plenty of room for cookie sheets and trays above:



Here's the opposite wall. The dishwasher is the farthest left, then the sink, trash rollout, refrigerator, and pantry. I can't wait for you to see the tall skinny pantry doors. They're a neat detail!



All my bathroom cabinets are white. Here's the master bath double vanity. This bathroom was meant for custom cabinets. The factory stuff wouldn't have fit here. Note the drawer stack on the right. It is the smallest drawer stack in the history of the world (I think it's a 4" drawer). Mr. Carl said that if I ever get married, I should make my husband have that side. The drawer is only wide enough for a comb and small razor. : )



Last but not least, I thought you'd like to see this little sketch that one of the painters left. It made me laugh. Bonus points to anyone who can guess which wall it's on...

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

WOW...how nice!!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! and I'm guessing your bedroom wall :-)

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess everyone knows it's not on my wall since it's not purple. Actually it's just a picture of Carroll's new boyfriend that I drew for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home