Wednesday, June 20, 2007

hookup



Look what I saw when I came out this morning! CP&L is putting in the power hookup! At least I'll have lights in the house. No water...but lights.

Still no progress on the water situation. Since we discovered that the town of HS has no jurisdiction (even though that's my mailing address), it's been a finger-pointing contest between the town of FV (keep in mind that I'm neither in their city limit NOR in their ETJ) and W county. H county (supplier of said water) will hook me on if I get permission from someone in W county. W county says they have no problem, I just need permission from the town of FV. FV says they can't give permission because W county won't allow it. Bunch of jerks.

I'm beginning to understand why people shoot up government offices...

***UPDATE: Fred found out that the subdivision going in that adjoins our land across the road from the new house has H County water. He called his accountant, who is the developer. H County is providing the water...HS gave him no runaround. Wouldn't you know it...THAT side of the road is in HS, while MY side is in FV. Fred is calling the mayor of FV right now to see if we can't get this resolved...

******ANOTHER UPDATE: Fred called the mayor of FV. His response? Screw you and dig a well. Grrrrrrr...

**********THE SAGA CONTINUES: We found out that the septic drain fields from the houses that back up to me DO run down the lower end of my land. My builder is meeting a special inspector from W County this morning. She will determine if it's a health issue that will prevent me from having a well. If it is (and there's a good chance it might be) then they may give us permission to get on the H County system. Check back daily for updates...

**************WHY NOT..: A gentleman from W County came out and looked at my land this morning. He seems to think that the town of FV has no jurisdiction. Interesting...

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

This is ridiculous! Town officials, hmpp!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but you know how to be gracious and patient! :) No need to go shootin'!

Still... hopefully it gets resolved soon.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should contact the TV station...a "5 on your side" kind of thing. Does that work with government things?

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home