Monday, June 04, 2007

tile, trim, and big honkin' doors



Jefry and Jony (who are our finishers at work) laid tile over the weekend. They just have half a bathroom and my shower left to do...then it has to be grouted...then we'll be ready for cabinets! Tomorrow is the date that I have to sign off on paint colors, so I'll probably worry over it all day (I'm mostly decided...it's just that fear of commitment thing). In other news, the crown molding is mostly finished:



And the upstairs windows have been trimmed:



Daddy and I also brought my doors to work today to be finished. We felt a bit like Samson lugging those huge doors around. I think they're doing the porch sometime this week. We'll see.



The "drop-dead date" (the date set by my dad in the come-to-Jesus meeting) is June 30. Today is June 4th. Anyone want to start a pool on when I'll be in the house???

6 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... June 30? I'm not so sure. But with floors and tile down, trim finishing up, and paint on it's way... maybe it won't be too much longer!

I guess anyone who wants to see the 'in progress' version of the house better get their butts down there! (Hint to the IBM hold outs)
:D

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you singing Trace Adkins or something?

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Carroll said...

K - I KNOW!!! You'd think the promise of an orange-ade would be enough to get Kelli down here...

Anonymous - do what???

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe Anon was referring to the title. You have to admit... saying 'big honkin' anything does sound like it could be a country song. :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

I'm saying ( and no offense) that you won't be in until the end of July.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell me when to come, I'll be there. Of course, I'll probably need directions since I'm still not really sure where Fuquay is. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home