Friday, May 04, 2007

seamless



They've started finishing the sheetrock! My OCD went into full swing yesterday. I was compelled to go around and break the clumps of joint compound out of all the electrical and data boxes. It took a while to get that stuff out from under my fingernails.

I also got to go on a field trip during work yesterday. Mr. Carl let me tag along while he measured for my cabinets. We have a little more room than the plan showed, so we've modified the cabinets a bit. They're going to look great...I can't wait for you all to see! Lead time for the shop is around 4 weeks. And if my house is ready for cabinets in 4 weeks, I will personally do the dance of joy on the landing of the stairs.



And last but not least - the front of the house. I've been told that Rick, the vinyl siding guy, will be completely finished by Monday. Hmmm. I don't know if I should believe that or not. The brick masons were supposed to come today and start building my steps and the half-columns on the porch...but I have a sneaking suspicion that there's too much chance of rain. Yet another task that can be put off a while...

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some serious progress... hallelujah! It's looking really good.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

That is a good pic of the front of the house. I can't wait until it's finished!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home