Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holes in the Ground

When I got home from work yesterday I was excited to find large square holes in my land. Construction has begun! You can tell by the brand new permit box and not-quite-so-new porta-john that are sitting by the driveway. Nothing says "Construction Area" like a bright blue porta-john...



On to the exciting stuff...the footings! Here is the one that is under Hannah's room:



And here's a shot from where the kitchen and living room will be (I think):



I think my dad is also planning to clear some of the scrubby trees from the front so I can have a scenic view of the pasture and pond across the road (and a slightly larger front yard).

Next Step: inspection and concrete

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Yeah!!! It's so nice to see things moving along. When is the scheduled finsh date?

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Joy said...

wa-hoo, progress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home